- Please note that if we meet our volunteer requirement on or before 31 October, 2016, we will cease accepting applications for positions for the 2017 edition of JLF
- Only applicants OVER 18 years old will be accepted. Applicants that have not turned 18 on or before December 31, 2016 will NOT be considered.
- Please ensure the details you have entered are correct and read through the form thoroughly before submitting
- Please check your spelling and do not use abbreviations or informal SMS language when filling out the form
For example: I wanna wrk 4 Teamwrk cos its amzng n i wl get 2 c a lot n do gud wrk. Tnk u
This is NOT ACCEPTABLE and will jeopardise your application. Remember you are applying to volunteer at a literature festival!
- A group interview will take place following the first round of selection. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to go through the Festival’s history, previous programmes, directors and organiser.
- Interviews with shortlisted applicants will take place between NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2016
- All key communication will be done via email. Applicants who fail to respond to emails/phone calls from organisers during the selection process and training will NOT be considered
- There will be a MANDATORY 3-4 day training programme for all successful applicants
- Once selected, you will be asked to sign an undertaking
- Lunch will be provided to all volunteers at the festival venue (Diggi Palace). Volunteers are advised to carry basic refreshments like biscuits and fruits from home.
- First preference when selecting volunteers goes to those residing in Jaipur. Chosen volunteers from other cities will have to manage their own accommodation, travel and transport.
- We would appreciate a 10 DAY NOTICE PERIOD if you wish to back out following selection
- There is NO FINANCIAL RENUMERATION for volunteering although we will provide a certificate crediting you for your efforts. Volunteers will receive access passes to attend concerts at the Music Stage.