Do you have a story you want to tell the world?
At Jaipur BookMark we are offering limited seats at the The First-Book Club | New Writers Mentorship Programme in January 2017. Come share a synopsis with our panel of literary agents, critics and mentors. And should your entry be shortlisted, we will invite you to attend a special one-on-one session at Jaipur BookMark 2017 for advice from industry experts. If they are impressed by your work, you may even sign a book deal!
About Jaipur BookMark
Three years ago, the Jaipur Literature Festival began an important new initiative: Jaipur BookMark (JBM).
Conceptualized as a business to business segment, JBM is held parallel to JLF, and provides a platform for publishers, literary agents, authors, translation agencies and writers to meet, talk business deals, listen to speakers from across the world and perhaps even sign the occasional contract.
Even as India opens out as the world’s second largest English language publishing market, after the US, the complex and segmented Indian language market provides even greater publishing opportunities in Hindi, Malayalam, Bangla and Gujarati, amongst others.
With this initiative, we hope to begin answering the question that publishers and agents from across the world often ask: How do we get to know Indian literatures? How can we translate between Indian languages, and from Indian languages into other languages of the world?
Guidelines for the The First-Book Club | New Writers Mentorship Programme
- Each person can submit a maximum of one entries till the programme ends. However, if your entry is shortlisted then no further entries from you will be accepted.
- Entries must never have been published and can be in any format (Mysteries, Romance, Thrillers, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, etc.).
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and by submitting you are confirming that the work is your own.
- The programme is open to unpublished writers of Indian nationality, writing in any of our national languages. We, however, require the synopsis to be submitted in English and Hindi only.
- Entries must be uploaded as a PDF (Max size 2 MB and No .docx please). Please use Times New Roman Font in size 12. Maximum word limit is 1500-2000 words per entry.
- Please mention name, age, occupation, city of residence, contact number, email address and a short bio at the bottom and title’s name in bold at the center-top within the document itself.
- Deadline to submit entries is 12 midnight (IST) on 20th December 2016.
- Shortlisted names will be announced in the 1st week of January, 2017.
Please note: Entries not pertaining to the guidelines will be disqualified.
Terms and Conditions of the The First-Book Club | New Writers’ Mentorship Programme
- This is not a competition, but a programme to identify and select new and exciting book ideas and help writers hone these into great books. The programme does not guarantee that the selected work will be published.
- The First-Book Club does not limit any age group.
- This is not a competition and we cannot guarantee that your work will be selected for publishing.
- Jury’s decision is final and binding.
- All the copyright for the material submitted will rest with the entrant.
- Upon selection, you agree for your work to be redrafted with or without consultation at the discretion of the Programmer.
- Each entrant grants licence to Teamwork Arts Pvt. Ltd. to feature any and all of their submissions on any of their websites, or promotional material connected to this competition and the festival.
- Shortlisted entrants will receive festival goodie bag, and certificates from Jaipur BookMark at the end of the festival.
- Teamwork Arts Pvt. Ltd bears no responsibility to arrange travel, accommodation & food for any shortlisted names for any reason.
- Shortlisted names will get opportunities to interact with press, publisher, literary agents, industry experts and authors at the festival.
- Any misbehaviour and clash with organizers, literary agents, publishers and literary critics, authors and attendees or taking undue advantage of facilities provided, by the shortlisted person will lead to expulsion from the The First-Book Club and festival, effective immediately.
- Teamwork Arts reserves the right to alter the guidelines and terms and conditions at any time.
For more about Jaipur BookMark, please visit http://jaipurbookmark.org