With all the attraction, it also offers exciting opportunities to individuals seeking to get a first-hand experience on the do’s and don’ts of producing an event of such magnificence.
So, if you are interested to work with the pioneering Arts Production company of India, Teamwork Arts, on the greatest literary show on Earth, keep reading.
One of the most sought after positions at the Jaipur Literature Festival is that of a Venue Manager. Each venue at the festival is identified by its Venue Manager and we love the idea of how a Venue Manager's style reflects in that certain space. The Venue Managers form the core team of the festival as they are the first point of contact for any crisis/concern. If you or someone you know is a good orator, a fast thinker and can get the crowd of scores managed, we have the right job for you.
Roles and responsibilities:
- The venues are clean and technically sound for the day's sessions (each venue has a set of housekeeping staff and technical support staff that will work closely with the venue manager)
- The venue manager is responsible for the volunteers working with them and delegate them roles and responsibilities through the day
- Ensure that all sessions start and end on time
- Coordinate with the speakers if there are any special requirements
- Make the opening and closing announcements on the stage, introducing the speaker(s), session sponsor(s), etc. (A list of announcements, including safety and security, hygiene, etc is shared with each venue manager at the time of their official brief)
- Coordinate and manage the post-talk, Q&A session and ensure that this is done smoothly and avoid any anti-social elements and manage such situations
- Ensure that the sponsor AVs and festival AVs are played timely (a member of the sponsorship and technical team will coordinate with you on the same)
- Efficient turn around between two sessions (as the number of speakers differs in each session, the furniture and microphones on stage need to be organized accordingly)
- Duration - 20th Jan 2020 - 28th Jan 2020; Paid contractually position
- Education - Graduate/ Working Professional
- Age no bar for the right candidate
- Preferably residing in India, best in Jaipur or has residential options in Jaipur.
- Has good command over both English and Hindi
- Knows how to be time-efficient and can multitask
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Is up for a lot of physical activity
Logistics - Assistant Team Leader
The Jaipur Literature Festival 2020 is looking for an Assistant Team Leader for the Logistics department. The department manages the travel and accommodation of more than 300 speakers and guests, crew and production team, agencies and services provider etc, over the duration of the festival. Work with us on the 'greatest literary show on Earth' on a contractual position and learn the work process of one of the most stimulating and challenging departments at the festival. If you are someone who can multi-task, is quick on their feet and have a solid presence of mind, then this job is for you.
- Duration - 15th Dec 2019 - 15th Feb 2020; Paid contractual position; Work from our office in New Delhi
- Education - Graduate in any stream
- Ideal age - 20 - 30 years
- Preferably residing in Delhi or has residential options in Delhi. Comfortable travelling to Jaipur closer to the festival
- Understanding of MS Excel, Word, and other basic communication platforms
- Responsive and knows how to work under pressure
- Good command over both Hindi and English