ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival Blogging Contest 2018
After the resounding success of last year’s ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival Blogging Contest, we’re back! Bring out the writer in you, put pen to paper and show us your skills! Send us a piece of your best work and you stand a chance to be a published blogger on the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival blog page!
The 2018 ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival Blogging Contest presents an opportunity for writers to submit creative pieces on the themes given below. The best of all entries received will be published on the festival website and its related Teamwork Arts websites and partners leading up to the event and at the end of the competition.
Themes are :
There is no such thing as nature - we are nature. Does talking about ‘the environment’ create an unhelpful distinction between people and planet?
Will the 21st century see the end of gender identity?
Explore the relationship between poetry and political protest in the 21st century.
If you happen to be 18 and above, here’s some icing for your cake – the most promising six entrants will be Official Festival Bloggers of the 2018 ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival for the duration of the Festival. You will get to travel to Jaipur and blog directly from Diggi Palace! See updates of the competition on our Facebook Page. Facebook Page
Guidelines for the competition:
- Entries can be submitted in English & Hindi.
- Each person can submit a maximum of three entries till the competition ends. However, if your entry is selected to be featured on the website then no further entries from you
will be accepted. You will be informed by email in case of selection.
- Writing can be in any format (poetry, story, book review, author analysis etc) and must relate to the theme of the competition
- Entries must be sent as a Word document in attachment of the mail (No pdf please). Please use Times New Roman Font in size 12. Include name, age, occupation, city of residence, contact number and email address within the document itself. Maximum word limit is 1000 words per entry, 50 lines in case of a poem.
- Entries must not contain any vulgar, obscene, defamatory, pornographic or violent content or content detrimental to national interest.
- The contest opens on 21 November 2017.
- Deadline to submit entries is 18 December 2017.
- Announcement of winners will be on 22 December, 2017.
Please note: Entries not pertaining to the theme will be disqualified. All entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Jaipur Literature Festival Blog: 2018.'
Terms and Conditions:
- Age limit to submit entries is 18 years and above.
- Judges decision is final and binding.
- Upon selection, you agree for your work to be redrafted with or without consultation at the discretion of the blog Editor.
- Each entrant grants licence to Teamwork Arts Pvt. Ltd. to feature any and all of their submissions on any of their websites, or promotional material connected to this competition and the festival.
- Those selected as winners for the festival must attend a 2-3 day writing workshop and orientation prior to its commencement. These training workshops with the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival Blogging Team are mandatory to all bloggers.
- Winners will receive festival jackets and blogger certificates from ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival at the end of the festival.
- This competition is open to global participation. However, only Indian domestic travel for the winners to and from metro cities in India to Jaipur will be provided, via train. (3 tier AC)
- Teamwork Arts Pvt. Ltd bears no responsibility for any selected international winners not receiving a visa or the delay of visa, or any winner missing the train to Jaipur from the designated railway station for any reason.
- Accommodation, daily travel and meals during the festival will be provided. Travel from the hotel to the venue will be provided every morning. Public Transport / Reimbursement will be provided from the Music Stage venue to the hotel every evening.
- Bloggers will be given access to the Music Stage performances in the evenings to cover the events.
- Bloggers will get opportunities to interact with press, industry experts and authors during the course of the festival to blog about apart from sessions. They will also receive one-on-one mentoring sessions with the Festival Blog Editor to help in their blogs.
- Breakfast will be provided at the Blogger’s accommodation. Lunch will be provided, along with other volunteers, at the main venue, Diggi Palace. Dinner will be provided at the Music Stage venue, along with other volunteers.
- Any misbehaviour and clash with organizers, authors and attendees or taking undue advantage of facilities provided, by the bloggers will lead to expulsion from the blogger team and festival, effective immediately.
- Teamwork Arts reserves the right to alter the guidelines and terms and conditions at any time.